The Seward Civic and Commerce Association was founded in 1964 by seven local business owners. SCCA is a nonprofit association with membership made up of businesses located in Seward, and has grown to over 90 members. The organization has a Board of Directors consisting of business representatives from the neighborhood. SCCA hosts monthly meetings of interest to its members and strives to be responsive to member needs. For more information about joining SCCA, please visit our Membership page.
The mission of the SCCA is to provide a forum for Seward businesses to plan, discuss, advocate, and network for mutual benefit.
Values and Beliefs
- We believe that members must be active in providing resources to the community at large.
- We value a safe, clean community.
- We value a respectful environment in which to work and live.
- We believe in profitable, long term growth of the community.
- We believe in providing our members with services which meet their needs and expectations
- We value our residential neighbors
- We value honesty and respect in all activities.
Board of Directors
President: Joe Buck – Buck Brothers Construction
Vice President: Rick Siewert – Siewert Cabinet & Wood from the Hood
Treasurer: Emily Bell– CaptionMax
Sean Doyle – Seward Co-op
Jennifer Larson – Jennifer Larson Communications Design
Suzanne Weinstein – Coastal Seafoods
Jim Welna – Welna II Hardware
Jennifer Anderberg – Pizza Luce
Jen Schoenzeit – Zipp’s Liquors
Abdulcadir Haji – An Nuur International Restaurant